Monday, June 13, 2011

St. Mike's has Graduate Programs Too.


As I was leaving St. Mike's last Thursday after a long day in the TWTW workshop I bumped into Kevin, a student who was in my undergraduate Math and Science Ed. class a couple of years ago. I asked him how things were going and he said he was on his way to class in a graduate education course he was taking at St. Mike's. He also said he would be in the Math and Diversity course I will be co-teaching in a couple of weeks. It's great to see students coming back to St. Mike's to do their graduate studies. It really is good to continue the learning curve after you get your first teaching job. I often think this is the time when the learning means the most.

The technology workshop I took last week really was a good experience. As a result I have set up a new web-page at iPAD2, Math and Special Education as well as a new Facebook group. The goal of the web-site is to provide a center for collecting all kinds of information about using the iPAD2 as an adaptive device for teaching students with special needs. My goal for the Facebook page is to collect information about Apps that are available. There are so many and it takes so long to go through them to find out which ones are useful and which ones are not.

The picture is of my son and daughter, Andrew and Marie, performing at the recent Vermont Family Network conference in Stowe, Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment