Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Can Tweet



I can now tweet, use Tegrity, store things in clouds, download apps and create groups on Facebook. At least I think I can. I've tweeted once but am still not sure how it works or why I should tweet.

What I have discovered is that I need to make sure that I can set up groups on Facebook for my classes next semester since this is the way students prefer to communicate; e-mail being somewhat passe.

This is the third time I have taken part in one of these TWTW sessions and I'm always amazed at how much I learn. The interesting thing is overcoming the cognitive dissonance that usually precedes the understanding of a new topic or form of technology. I have been through at least three Tegrity workshops but only today did I realize that I don't have to use it for every class. I will start using it when I have speakers or guests in class so that the students can watch and listen later and ask questions they might not have thought of at the time.


The whole idea of Apps is overwhelming right now but once I have a good grasp of where to look and what criteria to use when making a selection I can see real potential. I must make a note not to become an app-addict.


Kudos to the IT team of Kellie, Sue, Jim, Cynthia, Jerome, Eric and Melinda for their patience, enthusiasm and incredible depth of knowledge of everything technological. My iPAD2 is quite remarkable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment