Sunday, September 30, 2012

This Teacher was a "Super Hero"

When a teacher is described as a "super hero" in the local media you know that he was something special. Sadly, George Cannon passed away suddenly last Monday. He was a chemistry teacher at the South Burlington High School and was clearly a very, very special teacher in the eyes of his students. At a time when the teaching profession is undergoing assaults from all sides it is incredibly encouraging to know that there are teachers like George who light up students' eyes to the joys of learning.

I never met George but I wish so much that I had. I can, however, listen to his words of wisdom in this Youtube clip in which he describes so clearly his approach to teaching and his beliefs about how high school students learn best. R.I.P George: we will all miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment