Monday, May 21, 2012

Cool New SMC Website

I've just spent a few hours exploring the new St. Mike's website; it's very, very cool. I almost feel as though I work at a different college now: I had no idea so much happened within a quarter mile of my office. Well, I probably did but now that it's all in vivid HD color it seems so much more real.

I also want to take the Horses and Healing First Year seminar. I never though a great deal about horses until I read the book, then saw the movie, War Horse. It seems like an incredible way of adding an important dimension to one's life.

I've also always been a great advocate for undergraduate study abroad. The See The World page is absolutely amazing with the 2011 Global Eyes page as well as the Service Learning Opportunities resource. The more good Americans travel the world the more the world will see good Americans and the more good we do abroad through Service learning the more good will come of it.

The neatest thing about the new website is that it really speaks about St.Mike's, about what a wonderful place it is; about the opportunities students can take advantage of; about the true value of a liberal arts education. The world needs more worldly knowledgeable people who understand what it really means to be a global citizen. What better place to do this than a liberal arts college like St. Mike's.

No comments:

Post a Comment