Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall in Vermont


Fall in Vermont means Harvest festival events. The crisp mornings and bright cloudless skies that characterize September have me thinking about the two festivals I always attend; one at Shelburne Farms and the other at Underhill.

The Shelburne Farms festival is exciting because my band, The Highland Weavers, has been playing there for over twenty years. We are part of the entertainment which goes on all day, (Saturday Sept 25 -we're playing at noon) and includes music of all kinds as well as just about every agricuturally related craft you can think of. That's my daughter, Marie, on the keyboard and me in the middle. The third member is Marty Morrissey, the only real Irishman in the band.

The other wonderful thing about the Fall is that it's soccer and field hockey season at St. Mikes. With my son Andrew I attend all the home men's and women's soccer games and the field hockey games. Jenny Boudrow (field hockey) and Teal Bryan (soccer) are both in my math and science class so it's great to stand on the sideline and cheer them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment